There’s a lot of buzz about the term ENERGY STAR®. Freeport Industries is proud to build energy efficient homes to ENERGY STAR® standards.
What is an ENERGY STAR® home?
An ENERGY STAR® qualified new home is approximately 20 percent more energy efficient than a typical home built to code. For new homeowners looking for a home that is energy efficient and environmentally friendly, this is a practical and desirable option.
What sets an ENERGY STAR home apart?
It all comes down to energy savings. When building an energy efficient home, Freeport Industries does everything we can to ensure the homeowner will use less energy.
Typical features of an ENERGY STAR home include:
- Efficient heating and cooling systems that use less energy, reduce indoor humidity and improve the overall comfort of your home.
- High-performance ENERGY STAR windows, patio doors, and skylights keep the heat in during the winter and out during the summer.
- Walls and ceilings insulated beyond what is required by the building code.
- A variety of ENERGY STAR products which use less electricity by meeting strict technical specifications.
- A heat or energy recovery ventilation system (HRV or ERV) ensures your home has controlled ventilation.
Every ENERGY STAR home is:
- Constructed by trained builders who are licensed by the Government of Canada.
- Awarded an ENERGY STAR label approved by the Government of Canada.
- Issued a certificate by the Government of Canada.
ENERGY STAR certificate and label
Every ENERGY STAR homeowner will receive NRCan’s ENERGY STAR certificate and label. The certificate is given to the homeowner by the builder and the label is placed on the electrical panel.