Need support with applying to the ChildCare BC New Spaces Fund?
ChildCare BC New Spaces Fund
Applications Close January 2023
ChildCareBC New Spaces fund Round 2 is now accepting applications. The Ministry is focusing space creation investment on expanding quality, inclusive community-based child care in areas with the greatest needs, in alignment with provincial priorities and commitments under the Canada Wide Early Learning and Child Care Agreement. The program provides funding for long-term community investments run by public and not-for-profit organizations (societies), increasing availability of infant-toddler care, and supporting accessible and inclusive builds that welcome children with diverse needs. With a few key changes to the program, applicants have only limited time to secure funding for building licensed childcare spaces.
Who Can Apply & What Has Changed?
- Eligible organizations able to access this funding are the public sector, Indigenous governments, not-for-profit organizations (societies) and Indigenous not-for-profit organizations (societies)
- Increased priority for projects creating infant-toddler child care spaces
- [NEW] Increased priority on school-age space creation for various institutions (ex. BC School Boards)
- [NEW] Added eligibility for funding consultation services incurred up to a year prior to entering Funding Agreement
- [NEW] Project must include a minimum 10% contingency fund
Partner With Freeport Industries
Applying for this Funding? Freeport is well-versed in the design and construction of child care spaces. Consider taking advantage of the benefits of modular construction and increase your childcare spaces sooner. Freeport can deliver your project on budget and on time. You can trust in our commitment to high-quality craftsmanship and safe building practices.